Thursday 20 December 2012

The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

Update: Completed reading

I have to re-enforce my previous review: it was a disappointment. It took me two long weeks to drag myself with the story. I just couldn’t find it engaging which is completely opposed to my experience with the first book. I think that this book needs considerable editing or probably it is not one of the best translated novels. Nevertheless, it contains too much unnecessary and annoyingly detailed accounts of things that have nothing new or interesting to tell. There was absolutely nothing in almost first 200 pages. It has a strange pace. It drags on and on and on and then suddenly everything wraps up. Earlier I praised a journalist's vision. I still do but the writing style in this novel is more like I would like to read in a crime investigation report.


The story was rich with mind-spinning twists and turns with so many characters and places that I kept forgetting who was who. Larrsson has an art of clustering all types of odd characters together.

All in all the novel was all right but I couldn’t enjoy it as much as I wanted and expected to.

No comments:

Post a Comment