Saturday 29 December 2012

Reminiscence -2012

Tomorrow is going to be the last day of 2012. If I start thinking now, I realize that there will be a lot to remember this year 2012 for. However at this time I just want to recall all the books I read this year. In this year, it was more than usual especially in the later half. I don't know if I will be able to name them all but lets try...

1. Mata e Jaan Hai Tu by Farhat Ishtiaq---easily the best romance I have ever read. It was a little spoiled by the drama serial but still I will never forget Ibad and Hania of the novel

2. Hamsafar by Farhat Ishtiaq --- I read it because I hadn't watched the drama which is so famous. It was good, though the cliche story was only enlivened by Farhat's great ability of describing emotions.

3. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins--- it was very good. All three books, though I liked the first one best.

4. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier --- simply the greatest of all

5. Happy Birthday by Danielle Steel --- I can still feel irritated

6. Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks --- good one

7. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks --- another good romance novel

8. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks --- not bad

9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson --- one of those that affected me very much. It was a good thriller but you are just left horrified by the end.

10. The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson --- not as good as the first book in the trilogy

11. Divergent by Veronica Roth --- one of the very good ones

12. Sidney Sheldon's Mistress of the Game by Tilly Bagshaw --- a fairly good attempt at imitating Sheldon's writing style but the story wasn't very strong

13. Shab e Arzoo ka Aalam by Aneeza Syed --- one of the most favorite in urdu

14. 4:50 from Paddington by Agatha Christie --- for the first time I understood why Agatha Christie is so widely liked

15. The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga --- very true account of rural life in countries like India

16. Coraline by Neil Gaiman --- cutest fantasy ever

So that is all I can remember now. Currently I am reading The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman and also started The Casual Vacancy by J.k. Rowling. And I have a long to-read list.  

2 comments:

  1. Why is this such a lonely place? Your reviews are quite good.
    Maybe we can have a reading contest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a million!
      good idea! we can discuss it

      Delete