Wednesday 26 December 2012

Currently reading The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

A little while ago, I was fussing about wanting to read The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. Well, I started reading it. Its a common story about a town called Pagford. Probably its the story's demand but there are so many characters that every day I pick up the novel and fail to recognize almost any character mentioned. I reached almost 100 pages when I thought that I should start again. Its not that I didn't enjoy it but I realized its just something you have to take time with. So I am not rushing. I have put it down for a while and started another book I have been putting off for some time: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.


I think Sparks's books should be the comforting read that is needed after a more demanding book. Its not the case with me this time. I just finished reading A Walk to Remember just  a couple of days ago. I just opened it on an impulse. Its another simple (so far) yet special love story. Its about the very basic need of human beings of remaining close to nature. The picturesque imagination of natural beauty is something that can literally take the reader under a spell from which its just hard to recover. I want to read it again and again, especially the chapters Moving Water and Swans and Storms.


More on it later when I finish the book, which I expect will be soon. Its quite a short novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment