Monday 21 January 2013

Millennium ends !

Oh I am not halluccinating. I know millennium ended 12 years ago.


I am actually talking about the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson. I finished the last book today and already feeling a little nostalgic. And sad that Larsson will never write again. He died before this series was published.
So a little about The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. It has the best name among the three in series and it also has the best story to tell.


It was amazing.

I was literally glued to this novel. couldnt just put it down and study. I chose a rather damaging timing to start it, that is in the middle of my semester finals. But no regrets. I enjoyed it very much.
It was an extremely complicated plot involving large scale political crimes, journalism, social injustice and national security issues. But Larsson had a gift with complicated plots and knew how to do justice with it and how to make it enjoyable. I mean I do not find it particularly funny to find nothing at the end of mind-spinning course of events that some authors enjoy so much to write. But Millennium series ends as well as it starts.
It was fast-paced and enthralling, conveying the intelligence and knowledge of the writer. The way he chose to unravel the mystery ensured that the reader cannot even think of leaving it unfinished.
(sorry for not being understanding of those who did leave it unfinished but that is my opinion and how I felt).
Once again I did not like the writing style very much which I think is because it is a translation. But the story is just amazing.
What I really feel sad about is that it was the last in Millennium trilogy and I really want to read more of Stieg Larsson but here nature intervenes. I enjoyed all the three books, especially the first and third. Of second, I did not like the beginning (which constituted almost one fourth of the novel) but it was more because of rough editing; the story was still good.
I shall probably write more on it but for that I have to think. It was not a figure of speech when I said that it has a complicated plot.
So for now, good-bye Millennium. !!



No comments:

Post a Comment