Monday 4 March 2013

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Reading this book through initial pages reminded me of a tv drama that was telecast a few months ago "Ishq-e-Mamnu" meaning "Forbidden Love". I don't know much about the story. It was more a subject of fun for me (because of extremely sub-standard dubbing). Point is the idea of people crazy about getting cure for love was.. what to say .. LAME. I was even thinking of leaving it unfinished but I decided to give it a chance. I am glad I did it.

The story is very well-written. In a love story, this is the most important thing. The writing style was such that it added a poetic touch. Lauren Oliver describes scenes and places very beautifully. Characters are typical self-conscious, low self-esteemed girl and the perfect movie-star boy and most of the story is also quite predictable, though not all of it. I liked Hana's character just as much.

I liked the principles from "The Book of Shhh" and other sources at the beginning of each chapters. They are intelligently thought and well placed.

So I am off to read its sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment